The first step is always the most difficult. So, getting started on your online income building journey can sometimes be daunting. Like everything else, knowing more can help ease the fear and doubts. Now, let's take a look at the opportunity and what training is available to some education on building online income and business.
Many times we lock ourselves out of opportunity by thinking that it is a finite thing. So, what does this “Online” or “Internet” opportunity offers us.
There are 4.388 BILLION people online as of January 2019 according to Digital 2019 reports by Hootsuite and We Are Social. The world's population is currently around 7.676 BILLION according to the same report. That means 57% percent of the world's population are on the Internet. When you set-up a website which is of course internet based, your potential reach is currently around 4.388 BILLION people.
Wherever you live in the world, your access to a local market has limitations. Let's take a look at my favorite city, Los Angeles. The current population is about 4 million. So, whatever business you start locally in Los Angeles would only give you access to less than 4 million, after taking into consideration the target market segment for your product.
5 Billion Clicks
IAB reported in 2017, users clicked more than 5 billion times and the affiliate marketing networks carried out more than 170 million transactions worldwide. Mediakix reported that 81% of brands including Amazon, eBay, Walmart, Wayfair, Nike, and pretty much every major brand you can imagine has an affiliate program. Affiliate marketing is popular among brands and publishers alike because it involves very small investment, performance-based form of marketing, meaning that advertisers pay only what they get for, while better performing publishers are incentivized by increased income.
Suitable for ALL AGES
A Statista survey reveals that the largest segment of affiliates falls within the 25-54 range. 81.82% of all affiliates work on their side (or main, for some) income in the most active years of their lives. The biggest share, 31.86% are aged 35-44, while nearly 12% of all affiliate marketers are aged 55 and above. In all likelihood, these marketing platforms will see greater adoption rates among elderly, as the technically-savvy young and middle-aged users of today grow older.
While there are almost 2 Billion websites online, 85% of these are inactive. The other 15% of active accounts for approximately 285,000,000 online. This means that there is less than a 2:1 ratio between products an affiliate can promote, and the total number of websites in existence. This indicates there is a big disparity between the number of products that need help with their promotions, and the number of actual websites. The reality is there are WAY more products, than there are people promoting them.
The way to get started is to learn more about this opportunity, what it means and how it works.
The Online Entrepreneur Certification (OCE) is one such program to help you get started with building online income.
This is a 10-lesson course that is part of the Wealthy Affiliate Online Entrepreneur Certification. It will walk you through the steps of creating a successful online business that generates revenue. This getting started course (level 1) is your first step to realizing your potential as an online business owner.
Course Benefits and Learning Outcomes:
- Learn how to immediately get “immersed” in the awesome community here at WA
- Discover the process of earning revenue online
- Create and start working towards a list of new financial and non-financial goals
- Gain instant access to over 590,000 niches
- Choose your starting point NICHE for your business
- Build your very OWN niche website
- Learn how to optimize your website using WordPress
- A simple and free way of making your site search engine friendly
- How to create quality website content (that gets ranked)
- Understanding the keyword research process
- Quickly and easy creation of your own low competition keyword lists
Now, with the evolution of technology, with access to all the sophisticated platforms you have at Wealthy Affiliate that simplify the process, and with the scale in which companies have adopted affiliate programs as one of the core company marketing strategies, opportunity is ripe.
You can read a my 2019 review of Wealth Affiliates here and view the Comparison of WordPress Hosting here.
4 thoughts on “Getting Started”
Hi Ronald speaking,
very good content and images that capture the essence of what information
your reader needs. very good site and well done
Thank you, Ronald.
Great information – and I agree – getting started is the hardest thing to do with anything that is new to a person.
Yet nothing better can ever be attained by simply continuing to do the same old things over and over again.
Yes, L.D. taking the first step is always the most difficult.