This week's Motivation Monday Quotes for 20th April 2020 comes from Martin Luther King Jr.
Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.Martin Luther King Jr.
I believe Martin Luther King was encouraging people to take the first step, to take action towards something, even if they didn't know what the future looks like as in this quote, the whole staircase. To take such an action required faith or confidence that the rest of the steps would come.
Using a staircase illustration, what it implies is that the entire staircase exists but we can only see as far as the first step. Since our limitations are as far as we can see, we need to decide if we will take the first step. If we take the steps to go up the staircase, we can see further as we move up the staircase.
Many interpret faith as belief in God. That may be true too and likely to be both, as the challenges during King's era involves believing that change can take place if we only have faith to take action.
- firm belief in something for which there is no proof
- complete trust
- something that one believed in, especially with strong conviction (including religious beliefs)
- allegiance to duty or a person
Action We Can Take
When building online income sites, we face situations when we cannot see how things will work out.
How far up the staircase can we see?
What are the first steps we can take?
- Believe in your abilities and have faith that you can be successful
- Take the first step to gain knowledge, learning more will help us understand more
- Take action to try things out yourself
We have lots of information you can read and download and also access to tools and platforms you can try out.
Go ahead, do as Martin Luther King Jr. says, Have faith, take the first step…
We are providing e-mail micro-learning courses for FREE. These Learning Bytes cover various topics for the online entrepreneur and lifelong learner,
The benefits of Learning Bytes are:
- Daily short learning lessons that arrive in your email
- Takes only 10 minutes or fewer per day
- Available in series (E.g. 5-days, 7-days, 10-days series)